Monday, May 9, 2011

Quarter3

This quarter, I woked the Science Fair with my partner.  We made 3 different  dencity of salt water and a sugar water and we contrasted which water will have some crystals, which one will make a lot of crystals. I proposed that, how about make some different density of salt water and make crystals and contrast them. Then, my partner said, how about make a sugar water and try to make some crystals. So, we made 3 different density of salt water( A: 20% density , B: 30% density, 40% density) and a sugar water( 40% density) and tried to make crystals. My partner`s computer made break during the science fair due, so it was so hard for me, because we have to work it in the school and if we don`t finish, I had to finish it in my house.

The purpose was, to know which density of salt/ sugar water make cystals. We wanted to know, to make bigger crystals, we need  deep or thin density. We also wanted to know, the salt/ sugar water should be a lot or few.

I learned that to make crystals, we need dipper density of salt/ sugar water, because thin density water doesn`t make any crystals.

I think, we should try different density of sugar waters, too. Because, from the experiment that we did, we can`t say like, sugar water doesn`t make any crystals. Because, we did just 40% density salt water. Sugar water could have some crystals, if we tried for some different density like salt water one. If we did it, the experiment would be better.

The activity related to my goal this year. Next time, I have to have same conditions without a difference that I contrast between 2 things.

No comments:

Post a Comment