Thursday, November 3, 2011

Quarter1

  1. What was the activity?
The activity was to read a an assigned book called “The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle” and did a project about the book. My group made a newspaper about the Charlotte Doyle and I woked on the personal ads and also helped  Su-Hyun with the comic.

2 What was the purpose of the activity?

The purpose of the activity was to understand what is happening in the book. To do the project, I read the book again and again to find hints for the project.

3. What did I learn?

I learned the the hiatorical back grounds from the book. The book published in 1990 and honored by many publishing companies and the the voyage that Charlotte had is in 1832. I know that the book doesn`t say the truth of the voyage that Charlotte had, but it is interesting that people still had slave and ladies were not aloud to work during this period, about 200 years ago. It is pretty recently, becuase from thebegging of the voyage to to day, there were I can imagin that 2 people of my ancestores died. Charlotte`s behavior made me suprise. She didn`t care if the Captain Jaggery tease her, or tried keel her, she didn`t care about her house`s normal social behavior, she just always believed her self and her best friends.

4. How could I learned differently?
I could learn differently if I did the news articles. I was thinking the topic is interesting, too. Because, to write article of the newpaper, I will write it from third person view.. I think the article on the nespaper and the truth that happend on the ship will be different because,  the publishing company sometimes get not truth such as a rumor.

5. Did the activity relate to your goal this year?
The activity related to my goal this year. It gave me many historical background, and the awesome personality of Charlotte and learnd new vocabularies.


No comments:

Post a Comment