Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Quarter1

                      Real Life Example of coordinate Ch.2.8

My example of the coordinate plane is a map.
On the map at right side shows the picture of South America continent treasure chest, and ships. To put the map on the coordinate plane,it becomes easily to see the position of the ships.

Since I am able to know the position of each ships, I could know the gap between the treasure chest and the black, bigger ship. There are 3 gaps between the two objects.

I can also know the directon that the ships sailing. For example, the red smaller ship is sailing the east of the black bigger ship.

To use coordinate plane, it becomeseasier to determine te position and the direction of the ship.
From this example, I am able to know that the coordinate plane helps us in real life a lot.

                                        Reflection

The activity was on Chapter2 section 8. It was about coordinate plane.

The purpose of the activity was to have skills to plot points and ordered pairs in to the right location in coordinate plane, connect it to realworld by solve word ploblems.
 I learned the way to plot the points and describe its location in coodinate plane, learned new bocabularies such as coordinate plane, quadrants amd ordered pairs. On worded ploblem, it was littlebit hard, but it gave me idea that how coordinate plane used in the world.  

 I think I learned differently if I  remembered  the vocabularies for coordinate plane form last year, when I learned it, I think I did better. When I solove the problems, becasuse I don't know the vocabs of coordinate plane in English, I had to go back to the beggining page of the lesson to look for the meaning of  the vocabs.  But, finally before the exam, I learned the vocabs, and became to solove the problems quickly.

 The activity related to my goal this year.  I leaned coordinate plane and to connect it to real world example, I understood it deeply.



No comments:

Post a Comment